Tuesday, May 6, 2014

My experiences in DKIT so far

Studying at Dundalk Institute of Technology has been nothing but a benefit for me. I had previously studied journalism in Griffith College, Dublin. But while I'm proud of that accomplishment, it hasn't really gotten me anywhere.

Before I started this course, I had no job and was bored to death most of the time. When I heard about this course, I immediately set about trying to get a place on it. I was delighted upon being told that I was something of a perfect candidate.

Not only would this course give me something to do, it would teach me a host of new skills. I learned so much about journalism in Dublin, but I needed to adapt to the media of the modern world. Newspapers are dying and the Internet is the future, and the more I know about that the better off I'll be.

While some things have taken me a while to get used to, I have really benefited from this course. Even though it only runs two evenings a week, it covers so much material and I now have a greater understanding of the world of media than I had before. Colin, John and Seamus really know how to make it accessible, so I really have to give credit where credit is due.

The most interesting part of doing this course has been the people I've met. They come from various walks of life and have numerous levels of experience when it comes to this topic. A lot of them put absolutely everything into their work and seeing them at it never fails to impress me.

No comments:

Post a Comment